YR1 Florence Nightingale Trip More »
2019 Clean Air Scooter Challenge
We have entered the 2019 Clean Air Scooter Challenge and we need your help!
The challenge is to get as many children as possible scooting to school every day from the 10th - 14th June 2019.
The schools with the highest average number of children scooting will win a prize! Prizes include a stunt scooter, a Scooterpad, a voucher for a family day out in Hampshire and a brand new scooter courtesy of Nextbase Dash Cams.
Top tips for scooting:
If your child has a scooter and you want them to participate, please keep them safe scooting to school by ensuring they understand our tips for a safer scooting experience:
1. Pedestrians have priority on the pavement.
2. Stay close to your parent/carer.
3. Be aware of other people using the pavement and be polite and considerate to them.
4. Take extra care when crossing vehicle entrance/exit points, e.g. driveways, and remember that the person there first (car driver, cyclist, pedestrian etc) has priority.
5. Keep away from the kerb.
6. Look all around before you start moving, stop moving or change direction, and look where you are going.
7. Wear a helmet and bright, flourescent clothing to ensure you can be seen.
8. Walk with your scooter when crossing the road, in crowded areas or other busy areas e.g. the school playground.
9. Carry things in a rucksack, not balanced on the handlebars.
10. The Highway Code tells us that the speed limit on pavements is 4mph.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN SCOOTING!
Why not have a go at the Clean Air Quiz and test your knowledge? Clean Air Quiz
For more information: https://myjourneyhampshire.com/hccscooterchallenge2019
School Closed - Staff Training More »
School Closed - Staff Training Day More »
New Entrants - Keyworker stay & play sessions More »
New Entrants - Key worker stay & play sessions More »
YR2 perform The Bee Musical - dress rehearsal More »
YR2 perform The Bee Musical followed by their Graduation More »
New Entrants - Class Visit More »
Hayling Summer Festival - 3:00pm til late More »
Whole School trip to Queen Elizabeth Country Park More »